HaliFAST Invites Applications for Summer Grant
HaliFAST is inviting applications for a summer job to support the activities of the club. We are seeking a mature university student who has an ability to work independently. He / she would report to the Board and have regular interaction with the Head Coach and Registrar. HaliFAST believes in supporting young athletes, developing leadership potential and encouraging participation in the organization of athletic clubs.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Coaching or supporting coaches at the Development level
* Planning and organizing club events
* Assisting with logistics, registration and attendance for club and other ANS meets
* Executing administrative support to the Registrar
* Attending Board Meetings
* Preparing content for and updating Club website and social media - update the homepage, events and results section; write news items about our athletes; develop newsletter and other useful information for athletes.
* Excellent knowledge of athletics, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Leadership skills, such as positivity, creativity, responsibility, and excellent communication
* A desire to work with children and adults
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including word and excel
* Access to a computer
* Must be returning to school (post-secondary) in September 2017
Duration and Location:
10 weeks, 30 hours per week, flexible hours, June 5 - Aug 11
The practice times will be at Beazley Field in Dartmouth, but outside practice times, you will be required to do work on your own to support the Club, including attending board meetings and being present at ANS sanctioned meets.
Minimum wage: $10.85/hour
Please send cover letter and resume to Naté-Janine Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 20, 2017.