HaliFAST Indoor Season Registration is now OPEN!
REGISTRATION FOR INDOOR SESSION 2017/2018
REGISTER ONLINE HERE
HaliFAST's Indoor Session runs October 2, 2017 to April 11, 2018.
Practices are located at Canada Games Centre in Halifax.
The times are:
- Regular Development Training
Monday 6:30 -7:30
Development (12+ years and up): This is HaliFAST’s main group and offers exposure to many track events: sprints, hurdles, distance, jumps and throws. Athletes come here after the MinFAST program that introduces fundamental skills. Athletes may stay in Development after 16 if they would like to focus on different events including sprints, hurdles, jumps, and combined events. Some athletes choose to move to Sprints, Jumps or Distance groups at 16.
Coach: Troye Williams
Sprints: Competitive athletes who are 16 year or older can choose to join this group for sprint- specific training.
Coach: Brad Andrews
Distance: Competitive athletes who are 16 years or older can choose to join this group for distance – specific training. Distances are 800 m and over.
Coaches: Rich Lehman (Head Coach, Distance), Hannah Lehman, Kevin Springer
MiniFAST (8-11 years): Our MiniFAST program aim is to build athletic skills with a fun and engaging program! The enriched programming is perfect for kids who know they want to pursue track and are ready to learn the fundamentals. Our aim is to have all new athletes start in this group before moving to the Development Group. The session will be 8-10 weeks - one in the fall and one in the spring/summer. Monday and Friday 6:30-730.
Coaches: Naté-Janine Williams, Megan Beamish and Emily Cowie
Read more here.
Jumps: Competitive athletes focus on long jump, triple jump, high jump in this group.
Coaches: Kevin Bourgeois and Simon Watts, Devin Errington
Athletes must register and pay before showing up to first practice.
New athletes must be registered but can have a 2-week trial before payment. Choose “2-week trial” online and you can return to website after the 2-week trial to pay.
We offer two options to register:
- Conveniently register online with Visa, MasterCard or Amex. Click Halifast Registration. Simply enter the athlete information and click SUBMIT once complete. Note fields with * are required. If you are an athlete under 18 years of age a parent/guardian must complete the form on your behalf.
- Register online and pay offline. Click Halifast Registration. Simply enter the athlete information and click SUBMIT once complete. Note fields with * are required. If you are an athlete under 18 years of age a parent/guardian must complete the form on your behalf. Select “Other Methods” for payment, which will allow you to select “on-site”. Payment must be brought to the first practice. We accept cash, cheque or money order. You may split the fee if necessary and use a post-dated check.
INDOOR 2016/2017 FEES
CLUB FEES - cover registration with ANS, facility rental, coach stipend, equipment, club events, cotton tshirt, etc.
**ANS Fees of $75 are paid only once per calendar year. If they were paid in Indoor Session, you do not need to pay them in Outdoor session. Select “Regular (ANS fee already paid during Indoor Session)” during the Online Registration if you were registered for the Indoor Session.
HaliFAST t-shirts are available for our new athletes during the first week of registration. Singlets for competition are available for $65. Please contact Sherry Liem to arrange purchase.
Team Tackie email confirmation of registration is suitable for Income Tax Purposes.
No registration will be rejected due to inability to pay. Please contact the Registrar in the strictest confidence
If you feel you may require financial assistance to help join our club, please visit:
1) KidSport. You may qualify for a grant from the KidSport program. You are required to give a copy of your tax assessment for this application. KidSport offers up to $300 per year to join a club. We encourage athletes and their parents to ask for $200 for the club (which will cover the yearly fee) and $100 for themselves for "equipment" (sneakers, spikes etc.).
2) Canadian Tire’s Jump Start program also requires a copy of your tax assessment for their application. They offer $200 funding.
If you do not qualify and have financial concerns, please contact Naté-Janine Williams.